Women who struggle with uncomfortably large breasts may find that a breast reduction performed by a skilled and experienced Board-certified Las Vegas plastic surgeon, either alone or in conjunction with another breast surgery or body contour, is life-altering.
When you’re ready to talk about how breast reduction surgery in Las Vegas can enable you to live a more active and fulfilling life, please contact the Henderson, Nevada offices of Arthur M. Cambeiro, M.D. Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery at 702-566-8300 to schedule your consultation.
Let’s Get Started
Dr. Cambeiro can performed breast reduction surgery on women at any age, as long as your breasts are fully-developed. But you may want to keep in mind that breast reduction alone will not prevent the breasts for changing shape or volume in the future due to such circumstances as childbirth, nursing or weight fluctuations.
Among the many reasons that you may find it beneficial to consult with a Las Vegas breast and body doctor whose practice is primarily focused on those procedures is that it’s common for breast reduction candidates to undergo complimentary procedures such as breast lift or breast augmentation.
Here are some of the frequent conditions that spur women in Las Vegas and Henderson to seek out Dr. Cambeiro for a breast reduction:
- The weight of your breasts causes pain or discomfort in your back, neck or shoulders.
- The weight of your breasts causes the breasts along with your nipples and areola to droop.
- Your breasts are disproportionately large for your body.
- The pull of your breasts causes skin irritation.
- You’re unable to comfortably wear bras and other clothes.
- You feel restricted from engaging in exercise and physical activity.
- You feel insecure or “on display” because of the large size of your breasts.
- A single breast appears larger than the other.
Your Breast Reduction Consultation
Dr. Cambeiro will evaluate your medical and surgical history and perform an exam. Please be prepared to list all of your health issues and current prescriptions including vitamins and supplements.
Your breast reduction consultation also is an opportunity for you to glean as much information as possible about the procedure and your recovery. Dr. Cambeiro will review his plan for anesthesia, discuss the risks associated with your breast reduction, and review costs.
Many patients find that their insurance covers some portion of this procedure.
If you have any allergies, please inform Dr. Cambeiro immediately. If you’re a smoker, you should talk with our Board-Certified Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon about quitting four weeks prior to your breast reduction as smoking counters healthy circulation and healing.
Upon each subsequent visit, Dr. Cambeiro will record your height and weight, and perform a baseline mammogram. Patients with a family history of breast cancer should alert the surgeon to this fact.
Then, roughly two weeks before surgery, you should plan on returning to the Henderson offices of Arthur M. Cambeiro, M.D. Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery.
This visit is an opportunity to:
- Update your general physical examination, take breast measurements, and evaluate your skin, nipples and areola.
- Become well-informed about how to prepare for surgery. Make certain that you understand your surgeon’s instructions regarding food, hydration, smoking, vitamins, supplements and prescriptions. (To avoid complications during surgery, it is imperative that you halt your use of most medications.)
- One exception is patients with high blood pressure. This must be under control before your breast reduction, so blood pressure medication is acceptable. But, be sure to talk with Dr. Cambeiro about your condition.
- You will receive prescriptions for post-operative antibiotics and pain medication.
- With your consent, we take pre-operative digital photographs of your breasts along with post-operative photos roughly three months after surgery.
- You will finalize the date and time of your breast reduction.
- You will be asked to pay your surgical fee. Please consult our financing page and make sure you are comfortable with your fees and payment schedule.
- We will confirm that you have arranged for somebody to drive you home after surgery, and stay with you for at least 24 hours to ensure your comfort and safety.
Your Beautiful New Body
Here are some general steps to help you prepare on the day of your Las Vegas breast reduction surgery.
- Step One: Wear comfortable, easily-washable clothing.
- Step Two: Jewelry and valuables should stay home along with contact lenses.
Just before surgery, a nurse will take your vital signs, and Dr. Cambeiro will mark your skin to indicate his incision path. The specifics of your breast reduction are determined by your unique anatomy. Our Board-certified Las Vegas plastic surgeon will choose the most appropriate incisions for your breast reduction, and make sure you understand and agree with this strategy.
We will review the expectations of your breast reduction recovery — including maintenance of removal of your surgical drains — both before and after surgery. Please follow your surgeon’s recovery instructions point-by-point to insure the best possible surgical results.
Each patient’s healing is different. Most women begin to experience considerably less post-surgical discomfort and are able to return to moderate activity after about a week. In a few months, your new breast shape will settle, and your incision lines will begin to fade.
Don’t Forget Our Fly-In Program
Whether you live in Las Vegas or Henderson, or plan to visit Nevada and want your breast reduction performed by one of the area’s best breast and body plastic surgeons, please contact the offices of Dr. Arthur Cambeiro today to schedule your consultation: 702-566-8300.